This Louisiana Shrimp dip is delicious and so easy to make; cooked with mouthwatering shrimp and traditional creole flavors! You’ll want to celebrate Mardi Gras all year long with this low fat, tasty recipe.
3 green onions
1 red pepper
¼ stick butter
1 lb. raw shrimp
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup (8 oz.) low fat cream cheese
3 Tablespoons low fat sour cream
1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning *
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and red pepper into a small dice. Reserve the green top of the onion for later.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the vegetables to the butter, stir to coat and then cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Chop the shrimp into small chunks. Either in half or thirds if your shrimp are jumbo.
- Add the shrimp and garlic, stir well and cook for 2 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and creole seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and then cook for 2 minutes until the dip is thick and creamy.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley; taste to test for seasoning.
- Garnish with the reserved onion greens and a little extra parsley.
Note: Smaller shrimp is ideal for this recipe; look for 40/50 count
*You can purchase or make homemade creole seasoning if you wish. The recipes is below.
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
3 Tablespoons sweet paprika
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 Tablespoon salt
Yields: 10 Servings
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat .4g
Monounsaturated Fat .9g