Juicy shrimp in a savory tomato mixture – try this tasty dish that’s easy to make and good for your heart!
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3-pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook linguine according to package directions
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and garlic in oil over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Add the tomatoes, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta and additional basil if desired.
Yields: 3 -1 1/3 cup servings
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 3g