During the first two weeks of our re-opening efforts (Phase I), Club Julian 24-Hour Fitness has continually monitored progress in a number of different areas with an eye toward gradually phasing in the return of more of our amenities and loosening certain restrictions in a safe, responsible manner. We are encouraged by the progress we have made to this point. Through the cooperative efforts of our membership community and staff, we believe that we have created a safe environment at Club Julian, which is why we’ve decided to move to Phase II of our strategic reopening plan effective Monday, June 29th at 6:00am.
Reopening of the Wet Area
The Wet Area will open under normal hours operation (with the exception listed in italics below) under the following restrictions:
- Maximum pool capacity of 15 members total
- The sauna, steam room, and whirlpool will have a maximum capacity of 3 members
- The standard 6 feet social distancing practices will extend to the pool and other Wet Area amenities.
- You are not required to wear a mask in any of the Wet Area amenities, however, mask use is still required as you walk from other areas of the club to the Wet Area. Store your mask with your towel.
- The entire Wet Area will close daily for comprehensive cleaning and sanitation from 1pm- 2pm.
Club Julian is working toward being able to reintroduce Water Aerobics classes by mid-July. We will make that announcement via email and our social media channels, and provide members with the necessary information on how these classes will be structured.
Personal Training Appointments
Club Julian is pleased to be able to reintroduce FREE personal training as part of your membership under the following health & safety guidelines:
- Appointments will be limited to 45 minutes total in order to accommodate a 15 minute post-workout sanitization period conducted by the trainers after each session.
- Regular mask policies will be in effect for personal training sessions
- The standard 6 feet social distancing practices will be observed by training staff during sessions
- Hours of availability for personal training will be slightly altered during Phase II. Here is the breakdown:
- Monday – Wednesday: 6am to 9pm
- Thursday & Friday: 6am to 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am to 5pm
Locker Room/Shower Facilities:
The locker room and shower facilities will now be open on a limited capacity, meaning available lockers and showers will be spaced out to maintain required social distancing protocol. Masks must be worn in the locker rooms at all times.
Masks are required in all areas of the Club except in the pool and during group fitness classes or while using cardio equipment, where they are recommended but not mandatory.
“The Phase I reopening has been a success from a safety standpoint, and we are encouraged by the level of cooperation that we’ve seen from our great members and staff working together to ensure a safe and productive environment,” says Mike Savrese, Club Julian general manager. “Several members have expressed their appreciation to me personally for the measures we have taken throughout the club, and I would like to thank them for that. For those members who are not quite yet comfortable in returning, we will continue to communicate all that we are doing so they can make an informed decision about when to come back.”
For additional information regarding Club Julian’s reopening, please refer to the ENHANCED SAFETY GUIDELINES on our website.