A lower fat version of a holiday favorite!
8 ounces of low fat cream cheese
1 cup low fat mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained & chopped
1 ½ cups cooked crabmeat
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup chopped red pepper
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ cup dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons chopped green onion or to taste
2 teaspoons chopped red bell pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth; stir in garlic. Gently stir in artichoke hearts, crab, parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup green onion, 1/3 cup red bell pepper and cayenne pepper into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer the dip to a 9-inch pie dish and sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumb topping is golden brown and dip is hot, 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with 2 teaspoons green onion and 2 teaspoons chopped red bell pepper.
Yields: approximately 20 servings
Total Calories 72
Total Fat 2.5g
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g