The beloved buffalo chicken dip takes a vegetarian twist in this recipe that stars roasted cauliflower in place of chicken. Even carnivores will like it!
1 small head cauliflower (1 lb.) core trimmed, florets coarsely chopped
1 small onion, quartered and sliced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened (fat free cream cheese)
1/2 cup reduced fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup crumbled low fat blue cheese
1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s
1 scallion, sliced
8 medium carrots, cut into 3- to 4- inch sticks
8 medium celery stalks, cut into 3- to 4- inch sticks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss cauliflower, onion, oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Whisk cream cheese, yogurt, blue cheese and hot sauce together in a bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and stir to coat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Bake until bubbly around the edges, 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with scallion and serve with carrot and celery sticks.
Yields: 12- ½ cup servings
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 3g