The perfect game day snack. Each tiny pepper is an amazing combination of hotness from the jalapeno!
1 lb. ground sirloin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup low fat cream cheese
½ cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté diced onion until translucent.
- Add ground sirloin; stir and cook covered for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapenos lengthwise in half and using a spoon or knife, discard the seeds and veins.
- Stuff each jalapeno half first with ½ teaspoon cream cheese, beef and cheddar, in that order.
- Place the on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Yields: 15 stuffed jalapenos
(nutrition information is based on one stuffed jalapeno)
Total Fat 5.4g
Saturated Fat 1.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g